TCM in the news! Check it out!
- Qi Gong for Weight Loss TV Series - from The Wall Street Journal. The series on this gentle form of exercise will be premiering on Tuesday, June 5, on New York public television stations.
- Foam Rolling Massage You Can Do at Home - from the San Diego Union Tribune. Using a foam roller and your own body weight, this exercise helps work out the IT band.
- Ginseng Helps Lower Cancer Related Fatigue - from The Times of India. Ginseng has been used in TCM as a natural energy booster for centuries.
- Acupuncture Aids Weight Loss - from EmpowHer.com. Acupuncture can be used to address underlying health issues that are causing weight gain and help to correct them.
- Arthritis - Alternatives to Surgery - from KSAT.com. Massage and acupuncture are two risk-free alternatives to surgery suggested for arthritis patients.
TCM in the news this week! Check it out!
- A Chinese Medicine as Cancer Treatment in the Wall Street Journal. The four-herb combination, known in China as: huang qin tang, has been shown in early trials to be effective at reducing some side effects of chemotherapy.
- Chinese Medicine Vending Machines in China on CNN.com. A Chinese company is pushing for acceptance of TCM with a machine that can dispense herbs in patient-specific quantities.
- The Healing Power of Mushrooms on FoxNews.com. The reishi mushroom is said to enhance longevity, spiritual radiance, and wisdom.
- Helping Pediatric Asthma with Massage through the Institute for Integrative Healthcare Studies. Swedish massage for children with asthma, lessens anxiety and reduces asthma attacks.
And that’s the Wrap-Up!